David A. Zimmer, PMP, MS CS, ITIL, CCP
Strategic Adviser, Consultant, Author, Speaker
David A. Zimmer is a strategic adviser to some of the largest companies helping them understand market trends, competitive landscapes, internal business processes and proper project management methodologies. Over the years, companies have benefited from using his unique insights and abilities to simplify complex situations.
He has been a thought leader in the telecommunications and unified communications industries through his many published articles and industry presentations. His blog which defines project management terminology in detail is a favorite among project management professionals. He readily admits his desire to share his experience and knowledge with others, especially with the next generation of leaders as an adjunct professor at Pennsylvania State University.
His clients appreciate his sometimes unorthodox method of providing solutions to their stickiest problems. They see him as pioneering and entrepreneurial in his approach. His quick wit helps lighten tense situation so a clear resolution can be achieved.
- Pioneered first commercially-viable PC-based electronic mail software.
- Influential in the early days of EDI/e-commerce by spearheading development of PC-based EDI packages.
- Generated over 500 test scenarios for EDI/e-commerce automated certification system.
- Early innovator of unified communications systems and user-requirements through hundreds of articles, book contributions, consulting engagements, and industry conference presentations.
- Authored and championed user requirements for electronic calendaring which lead to iCal/vCal standard used today in every corporation.
- Promoter of proper project management methods for corporations through training, consulting, change management and implementation.
- Increase companies' internal practice maturity levels through audits, research, road map strategies and change management.
Ralph D. Taglialatela
During a twenty-six-year career in corporate learning and development and management consulting, Ralph D. Taglialatela has held roles in every facet of leadership, organizational and learning and development in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, energy, internet and office automation industries. His activities range from establishing a corporate university, helming the profitable turnaround of a large, multi-facility medical practice, managing the leadership development of 4,000 managers in four countries, and building the learning and development and employee relations department of CDNOW, once the largest retailer of CDs and a major entertainment portal on the internet.
Over the course of his career, Ralph has established and led the learning and development departments of five major organizations in five separate industries and has experience in almost every discipline of learning and development, organizational development and human resources.
It is with great sadness to announce Ralph passed away July 2018 after battling cancer for several years. His spirit energized the team and his input was invaluable to our study. He will be missed but never forgotten.
As I promised you, Ralph, I'll meet you in heaven. - David Zimmer
PMP is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute